About Breast Cancer
Here’s a great guide to some of the best articles on our website about breast cancer and breast health. Many of these topics are discussed in theÂ breast health programs we present at schools, community events and workplaces.
Diet & Breast Cancer Risk
The foods we eat play a large role in our health and our risk level for breast cancer. Here are some of the ways you can improve your diet to help reduce your risk.
- The main risk factors for breast cancer
- Avoid obesity
- Enjoy anti-cancer foods
- Use our nutrition switch list
- Try Dr. Oz’s anti-cancer diet
- Eat 3 or more servings ofÂ vegetables per day
- Use the USDA’s new dietary guidelines called MyPlate
- Avoid “Portion Distortion“
- Limit or avoid alcohol
- Increase your antioxidant intake
- Know your vegetable servings sizes
- Pack healthy school lunches
Lifestyle & Breast Cancer Risk
While the exact cause of breast cancer is still unknown, certain lifestyle patterns have been shown to reduce the odds of being diagnosed with breast cancer.
Detecting Breast Cancer
The Maurer Foundation believes in the 3-pronged approach to early detection: