Host A Fundraiser
Gather your friends, clients, or customers in your home or business and turn it into a fundraiser for breast health education. Whether you want to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or just want an excuse to have a movie night, spa day, or any other fun event, we would like to be your charity of choice. Whatever you decide, let us know and weâ€™ll support your efforts with official materials, speakers, knowledge, and joint marketing efforts. Here’s some great examples of fundraisers we’ve done in the past:
Business Give Back Day (or Month!)
Let your customers know you care about causes that are important to them (like Long Island breast health!) and gain access to a new customer base. We’ll help you promote the special day via our email list, our website and social media. You can donate a percentage of proceeds from your total sales for the day, proceeds from a particular product or service that’s breast cancer oriented, or anything else that’s fun and effective. “Give Back Days” are wonderful for restaurants, spas, fairs, retail stores, entertainment venues, or just about any business that has a regular influx of physical or virtual customer traffic. Great examples of effective “Give Back Days”:
- Brasserie 214, a New Hyde Park restaurant, donated $2 from every “Pink Drink” sold in October to commemorate National Breast Cancer Month
- Fat Bastard, a wine brand, donated 25Â˘ for every bottle of wine sold during September and October
- Americana Manhasset, donated $5 to the Maurer Foundation for every gift card sold during October
- Marsh’s, an upscale clothing store in Huntington, donated 10% of all proceeds from their holiday shopping event
- Butera’s restaurant (with locations in Seaford and Woodbury) donated 10% of all sales from diners who showed their Give Back Certificate on a special day.
- Maggie’s Raw Love CafĂ©, a Rockville Centre restaurant, donated $1 from the sale of every raw cheesecake during their Grand Re-Opening day.
Private Parties & Events
Maybe you’re having an invitation-only Scrabble tournament, a holiday party at your senior center, or a New Year’s Eve block party that people will remember for years to come. Adding a charity theme to a private event can really make your event unique and fun! You can accept donations for the Maurer Foundation in lieu of an entry fee, in addition to, or you could even raffle off items and donate the proceedsâ€”whatever makes sense and strikes your fancy! While joint marketing is not usually important for private events, the Maurer Foundation can help get the word out during the event by offering a speaker, fliers, signage, or goodie bag items. Some fun private events:
- Costumes For A Cure,Â a private Halloween bash in Rockville Centre, accepted donations for the Maurer Foundation and another breast cancer charity. Some attendees even dressed as bras!
- Dress Down Days were hosted at multiple locations with attendees at schools and businesses paying for theÂ privilegeÂ of dressing down with a donation to support breast health education
Boy/Girl Scouts & Bar/Bat Mitzvahs
As a non-profit organization that educates students and the community on breast cancer prevention, we couldn’t think of a better way to enter adulthood than a community service project. We have worked with dozens of students and helped them create and complete custom service projects. Check out what one student did for her bat mitzvah.
Cookies For A Cause
These pink and white cookies are specially baked for The Foundation and taste just like the black and white cookies New Yorkers know and love.Â 100% from the sale of these cookies goes to benefit The Maurer Foundationâ€™sÂ breast health education programs. Get creative and use these cookies to raise funds at your school, club, sports team, and workplace. Some of the wonderful groups that have been a part of this program:
- Students from the BOCES Student Council in East Northport
- Cookies For A Cause were part of Sachem High School’s Think Pink Day & Heritage Day
- Members of theÂ East Islip Girls Leaders Club atÂ East Islip High School sold cookies to classmates and at school sports events
- One student sold cookies as part of her bat mitzvah service project
Breast Cancer Awareness or Outreach Event
Spread awareness about breast health and breast cancer prevention in your own special and unique way. What do you like to do? What does your club or company do? Do you have a unique way to get the word out while gaining exposure for your group and the Maurer Foundation? For outreach events, the main goal is community interaction and positive press; donations are often a secondary (but much appreciated!) by-product. Many of our partners who do outreach events end up with substantial media mentions on television, radio, newspapers, and on the internet. Some great recent examples:
- The Garden City Fire Department and the Pink Heals Tour brought their pink fire trucks in front of our office in Mineola and held out pink boots to accept donations from passing vehicles and pedestrians
- One Garden City resident outfitted his home with 20,000 holiday lights and synchronized them to music. As a tribute to his neighbor who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer, he accepted donations for the Maurer Foundation.
Got a Great Fundraising Idea?
We’d love to hear it! For more information on the above opportunities of support, contact us today. Have you fundraised for us and would like your effort listed here? Let us know!