The Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education
The Maurer Foundation’s mission is to save lives through breast health education that focuses on breast cancer prevention, healthy lifestyle choices, early detection and risk reduction. To spread this message, our certified Breast Health Educators conduct workshops in high schools, colleges, businesses and community groups throughout Long Island. Our programs have reached over 325,000 individuals since our inception in 1995.
Job Title: Development and Social Media Intern
The purpose of this internship is to assist the Development Department in creating a strategy to increase community awareness of the Foundation’s mission through an enhanced social media presence.
- Assist in developing, brainstorming and implementing comprehensive social media strategies.
- Research the social media landscape for successful approaches to social media. Explore new online and social media tools. Research best practices and identify strategies for search engine optimization.
- Build community interest and momentum through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media channels by posting updates, engaging conversations and discussions, and increasing the number of followers.
- Assist with social media content creation.
- Monitor social channels and maintain social media presence. Review social analytics.
- Assist with special events and maintain social media presence capturing event activity.
- Help in the creation of event invitations, journals, save the dates, and any other promotional pieces.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited college/university or graduate program with a major in Marketing, PR, Communications, Advertising, or a related field.
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest).
Experience with SEO including basic understanding of Google Analytics a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, Adobe Suite preferred.
- Innovative and creative thinker, ability to work independently.
- Interest in health and wellness preferred.
If interested, please contact the Development Manager at email@example.com or call 631-524-5151