The Education Associate is responsible for presenting The Maurer Foundation’s Breast Health Education program to audiences ranging from high school/college students to community/corporate groups. This is a full-time position with variable hours. Hours worked for this position will be performed both inside and outside of the office.
The Education Associate reports to the Program Manager.
- Conduct breast health programs in high schools and colleges
- Conduct community and corporate programs as needed
- Participate in health fairs and disseminate appropriate information/materials
- Maintain accurate data and provide reports on program presentations and participants
- Stay updated on new research or trends related to breast health/breast cancer
- Assist in refining/updating program curriculum and educational materials
- Assist the Program Manager with administrative tasks related to program activities including but not limited to tracking, outreach, program confirmations, etc.
- Assist in developing educational content for training materials and blogs
- Create social media posts as determined by the Program Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in health care, education or related field
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills a must
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Must have driver’s license and use of a working vehicle as travel on Long Island and 5 boroughs is required
- Must have the ability to work non-traditional hours, as some early mornings, evenings, and weekends are required
- The ability to lift and load luggage weighing up to 50 pounds and a height of 3-4 feet into and out of vehicle
- Experienced user of various social media platforms and Microsoft Office Suite