Click here to view the entire event photo gallery
There was excitement in the air and reason to celebrate as The Maurer Foundation kicked off breast cancer awareness month on October 1st, raising over a quarter of a million dollars!
Over 250 guests enthusiastically joined in celebration as breast cancer awareness month was kicked off on Friday, October 1st at The Maurer Foundation’s Pink Diamond Gala at the Garden City Hotel. The mood was uplifting and festive as two outstanding gentlemen and community leaders were honored – Donald Gelestino, President & CEO, Champion Elevator and Greg Schaefer, Owner and CEO, Better Home Health Care Agency. The atmosphere was electric throughout the evening as guests filled the dance floor, bid on silent auction items, and purchased tickets trying their luck on fabulous raffle prizes. It is with enormous gratitude that the foundation acknowledges all the supporters that helped raise over $250,000 for breast health education!
Proceeds from the event go to support the foundation’s breast health education programs, which are presented at schools, colleges, businesses and community groups. The life-saving presentations educate students, women and men about breast cancer prevention, early detection, risk factors, myths, and proper breast self-exam procedures.
Many Thanks to This Year’s Supporters
Pink Diamond Gala 2021 Committee
- Josephine Bottitta, J.D., MSW, OneGroup
- Brian Croutier, CPFA, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Jed Dallek, CPA, Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C.
- Carrie Deehan, Better Home Health Care Agency, Inc.
- Paul Essner, CFP®, CLU, ChFC, Risk Strategies Co.
- Tammy Fortune, Camp Wa-Klo for Girls
- Donald Gelestino, Champion Elevator Corp.
- Joan Leondis
- Virginia E. Maurer, MD, NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island
- Paul Pomponio, El Sol Contracting & Construction Corp.
- Greg Schaefer, Better Home Health Care Agency, Inc.
- Michelle Schaefer
- Kathy Weiss, PhD