Our incredible partners helped us make October extra special when they hosted a wide range of events across Long Island to raise funds to support the Maurer Foundation’s breast health education programs.
In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Dan and the adorable puppies at Dan’s Dog Walking & Pet Sitting in Port Washington hosted their fifth annual “Paws For A Cause” event. Rallye Motor Company made a donation for every car purchased or services at their dealerships. Rose and Boom Boutique in Miller Place coordinated neighboring shops and businesses for a “Shop for a Cause” day.
Other great events held in our honor this October:
- Staff at ClearVision Optical in Hauppauge played Breast Cancer Bingo and made donations to our cause.
- Costello’s ACE Hardware held a Ladies Night at their Island Park and Massapequa Park stores, where customers made a donation in return for a percentage discount off their purchase.
- Through its “Great Wine, Great Cause, Great Neighbors” campaign, Grapes and Greens made a generous donation when any brand of Rosé was purchased in October.
- Hair Sensations in Farmingdale organized a fun filled day of raffle prizes, snacks and games to raise awareness and generously donated the proceeds from their great event.
- For the fourth straight year, Huntington Honda made a $10 donation for every this is only a test drive in the month of October.
- Salon Montáage in Oceanside donated the proceeds from their wheel of fortune and raffle baskets that were pulled at their annual Halloween bash.
- Sperry Federal Credit Union staff sold cookies at the branch to raise money for The Foundation. In addition, employees that made a donation were permitted to wear jeans to work.
- Stahl Eye Care donated $50 from every LASIK procedure performed during the month of October.
- Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine’s Women in Dentistry Club held a bake sale to raise awareness for the Maurer Foundation.
Of course October would not be complete without the many organizations that take the time to sell our trademark pink and white cookies, including Annastasia Salon, Synergy Fitness Club in Baldwin, Eastern Suffolk BOCES, and Anthony DeFranco Salon and Spa.
We cannot thank all of these businesses enough for taking the time to organize these fantastic events on our behalf. Not only have you helped us to raise over $20,000 but you also helped us to reach hundreds of individuals and spread awareness all over Long Island!