The Maurer Foundation’s Advanced Certification for Breast Health Educators is designed to meet your goal of teaching essential breast health information to your patients, students, or local community. We are able to offer this interactive course either in-person and remotely. Using high-fidelity silicone breast models, trainees will learn how to perform and teach the MammaCare® method of breast examination. This hands-on training develops the skills necessary to detect breast lumps. Participants will also have the ability to practice effective presentation and public-speaking skills that will enhance the learner’s success as a breast health educator. Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Identify the components of the breast and the five stages of breast development
- Describe benign breast changes, breast cancer symptoms and characteristics, diagnostic and prognostic techniques, and treatment options
- Discuss risk factors of breast cancer and methods of early detection
- Perform the MammaCare® method of breast self-examination (BSE)
- Deliver the most accurate information regarding breast health and early detection to the community
Certification as a Maurer Foundation Breast Health Educator received upon successful completion of the course.