Our 24th Annual Golf Classic, which took place Thursday, May 16, 2019, was a Huge Success, Raising Over A Quarter Million Dollars!
Nearly 200 golfers enjoyed the beautiful sunshine at The Maurer Foundation’s 24th Annual Golf Classic, which raised over a quarter million dollars in support of breast health education.
It was perfect weather for a round of golf and everyone was excited to be part of a friendly competition at the Meadow Brook Club in Jericho and Pine Hollow Country Club in East Norwich. Golfers had the opportunity to test their skills with the Longest Drive and Closest-to the-Pin contests as well as our popular Beat the Pro challenge against John Schmitt, former NY Jet and Super Bowl champion. The Maurer Foundation also offered an afternoon Golf Clinic for novice golfers and those looking to improve their skills. Both golf courses overflowed with supporters who contributed to the event generously. Participants celebrated the day at the cocktail reception at Meadow Brook, where guests eagerly purchased raffle tickets for a chance to win stunning baskets and bid on enticing Silent Auction prizes. The night ended with a noteworthy atmosphere of giving.
A special thanks to our event sponsor Efficient Combustion & Cooling Corp., as well as cocktail sponsors Aon; Better Home Health Care Agency, Inc.; Champion Elevator; and El Sol Contracting & Construction Corp.
Thank You To Our Generous Sponsors
- Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP
- AVZ Certified Public Accountants
- Bridgepainters Local Union 806
- D&B Engineers and Architects, PC
- E-J Electric Installation Co.
- Hercules Corp.
- Highway Safety Protection Corp.
- ITC Services, Inc
- Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLC
- Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- National Maintenance Supplies, Inc.
- Pam and Gregg Praetorius
- Regal Healthcare Capital Partners
- Safetech Electrical Contracting Corp.
- Signature Bank
Golf Committee Members
Donald Gelestino & Anne Marie Immerso
- Paul Devlin, Esq., Russo & Tambasco
- Lucia Fangmann
- Steven Fangmann, D&B Engineers & Architects, PC
- Jacquie Gow
- Olga Lucia, Permanent Cosmetics
- Jeff Marshall, JM Investigation
- Virginia E. Maurer, MD, NYU Winthrop Hospital
- Jeff Nagel, AVZ Wealth Management
- Terry Pissi, CPA, Anchin, Block & Anchin, LLP
- Paul Pomponio, El Sol Contracting & Construction Corp.
- Pamela Praetorius
- Jason Ruvin, A & C Management
- Jon E. Santemma, Regal Healthcare Capital Partners
- Nancy Schnee, Aon
- Ray Schwetz, NEFCU
- Amanda Sexton, CPA, Pratt Brothers, Inc.
- David Sommo, Merrill Edge
- Cheryl Webb
If you purchased tickets or sponsorships and have questions about your order, please call our office at 631.524.5151 or contact us online. If you would like to make a general donation or a donation to support the Golf Classic, please visit our donation page or our Golf Classic registration page.