As the year comes to a close, it’s insightful (okay, and maybe a little fun) to see which articles from the Maurer Foundation blog really resonated with readers this year. Some are surprising and some were expected. Here’s the top 10 posts from 2011:
- Maurer Foundation Pink Diamond Dinner Raises Over $200k For Breast Health Education
Over 250 guests raised over 0,000 for breast health education Saturday, June 11, enjoying cocktails, fine Italian dining, casino games and a celebrity MC at the annual Maurer Foundation Pink Diamond Dinner.
- Skits About Breast Health Awareness Help Girl Scouts Teach Their Community
With the help of a Maurer Foundation Program Educator, 8 Girl Scouts presented breast cancer myths, Anything that increases or decreases a person’s chance of developing a disease. and early detection methods.
- Maurer Foundation Presents Breast Health Program at Garden City High School
The Garden City High School senior girls attended the annual Women’s Health Awareness Program on March 31 in the Garden City High School Library.
- Ralph Macchio To MC Maurer Foundation Pink Diamond Dinner
Ralph Macchio, Long Islander and acclaimed actor, will be performing the honor of Master of Ceremonies at this weekend’s Maurer Foundation Pink Diamond Dinner.
- Announcing the 16th Annual Maurer Foundation Golf Classic
Please join us September 20, 2011 (rain or shine) for the 16th Annual Maurer Foundation Golf Classic at the Meadow Brook Club in Jericho, NY for your chance to play a stunningly beautiful private course for a worthy cause.
- Pink Fire Trucks Support Long Island Breast Cancer Charities
Firemen from the Garden City Fire Department Headquarters Company and volunteers from the Pink Heals Tour will park pink fire trucks in Mineola and Garden City to fundraise for Long Island breast cancer charities.
- 2011 Flamingo Bowl A Striking Success
The second annual Flamingo Bowl was a striking success, raising over $25,000 for breast health awareness. The bowl-athon welcomed 137 bowlers, up from the previous year’s 88 bowlers, and raised over $1,000 more than the first annual event.
- About the Maurer Foundation Video
Founder Dr. Virginia Maurer explain in a short video why she started the Maurer Foundation.
- Join Us For the Second Annual Flamingo Bowl
Have fun and raise money for breast cancer awareness.
- Maurer Foundation Welcomes Two New Board Members
The Maurer Foundation welcomes new board members Susan Iadarola of the Dana Rader Golf School and Maureen Dougherty of Comerford & Dougherty, LLP.
What We Learned
- You guys like hearing about each of our breast health programs
- You want to stay up to date on our fundraising events, especially the post-event details
- You like video—two of the top 10 had video
What was your favorite article? What would you like to hear more about?