The Maurer Foundation’s mission is to save lives through breast health education that focuses on breast cancer prevention, healthy lifestyle choices, early detection and risk reduction. Our programs have reached over 400,000 individuals since our inception. The purpose of this internship is to assist in the Program Department’s primary focus of delivering breast health programs to schools, colleges, community groups and businesses on Long Island.
- Assist in community outreach and health promotion activities to raise awareness of issues relating to breast health.
- Participate in training to become a certified Breast Health Educator.
- Provide breast health education in schools, universities and the community.
- Review recent research findings to insure program information remains current.
- Research grant opportunities, and aid in the request process.
- Assist with social media content highlighting program delivery.
- Provide support during special events, as needed.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited college/university or graduate program with a Major in Community/Public Health, Health Education, Nutrition, or Nursing.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
If interested, please contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-524-5151.