All mothers deserve a healthy lunch that’s made with lots of love, no fuss. Here at The Maurer Foundation, we believe that the healthiest recipes are the easiest to make!
Take a look at a the following chop salad recipe. Just chop up your mother’s favorite salad ingredients and toss on a whole wheat flatbread. It can be made in minutes so you have more quality time to spend with Mom.
Fresh romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, parsley and scallions add cancer-fighting anti-oxidants and are all natural, low-calorie and low-fat foods that add the most nutrition to this flatbread pizza. This recipe includes healthy monounsaturated fats from the walnuts and canola oil, which protect your overall health. The cranberries and cheese help enhance the taste of this sweet and savory flatbread pizza.
Chop Salad Whole Wheat Flatbread Pizza Recipe
For the Dough:
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For Salad Toppings:
- romaine lettuce
- 1 carrot
- mozzarella cheese
- blue cheese
- dried cranberries
How to Make Chop Salad Flatbread – Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine all ingredients for the dough in the bowl of your mixer, or in a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand. Knead and continue until you form a ball.
- Knead dough for a 5 more minutes. Dough will be smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap while you shred mozzarella cheese.
- Chop up fresh ingredients.
- Sprinkle baking sheets with flour. Roll dough into a rectangle and place on baking sheet.
- Layer the dough with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, carrots, and nuts. Top with lettuce and blue cheese.
- Let bake for 10 minutes or until crust is at desired texture.
Without a cure, we must all focus on reducing the risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer. Since obesity is one of the risk factors for breast cancer, eating the most nutritious foods and utilizing that energy to exercise will decrease your body weight the best.
Check out some of our other great healthy and cancer-fighting recipes for more ideas!