On a picture-perfect day, 134 golfers helped raise nearly $215,000 for breast health education at The Maurer Foundation’s 26th Annual Golf Classic held on May 17th at the Meadow Brook Club in Jericho. The mood of the day could not have been better as brilliant sunshine warmed the links.
Golfers had the opportunity to compete for team and individual prizes in a variety of categories. Our proud team winners are…Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. – 1st Low Team Gross (score 67) and Global Elite Group – 1st Low Team Net (score 50). Maureen Tully led the women’s individual contests with wins in Individual Low Gross Ladies (score 88), Longest Drive and Closest to the Pin. Other individual winners were Tammy Fortune – Individual Low Net Ladies (score 69), Bryan Pendrick – Longest Drive Male, and Ken Tully – Closest to the Pin Male.
The evening continued with a spectacular open-air cocktail reception where attendees generously purchased tickets for their chance to win amazing raffle baskets and bid on a wide selection of exciting silent auction items. Our 50/50 raffle had 3 winners sharing a total of over $11,000! “It was nice to be able to enjoy the company of so many wonderful supporters that we haven’t been able to see in over a year. This was a great way to kick off brighter days for all of us,” stated Susan Samaroo, the Foundation’s Executive Director.
PINK DIAMOND SPONSORS
Bridgepainters Local Union 806
Douglas & Lily Band Family Foundation
Pam & Gregg Praetorius
Golf Classic Committee
Donald Gelestino Anne Marie Immerso
- John J. Barnosky, Esq., Farrell Fritz
- Lucia Fangmann
- Steven Fangmann, D&B Engineers & Architects, PC
- Jacquie Gow
- Olga Lucia, Permanent Cosmetics
- Jeff Marshall, Global Elite Group
- Virginia E. Maurer, MD, NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island
- Mary McMahon
- Terry Pissi, CPA, Anchin, Block & Anchin, LLP
- Pamela Praetorius
- Jon E. Santemma, Regal Healthcare Capital Partners
- Jodee Sarisky, Kaled Management Corp.
- Greg Schaefer, Better Home Health Care Agency, Inc.
- Nancy Schnee, Aon
- Laurie A. Stanziale, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Cheryl Webb