Our Maurer Foundation partners went the extra mile this October and hosted a wide variety of unique events across Long Island to raise funds to support our breast health education programs.
In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Huntington Honda once again donated $10 for every vehicle test driven at their showroom. Dan and all the irresistible puppies over at Dan’s Dog Walking & Pet Sitting hosted their fourth annual “Paws For A Cause” event. Brighton, Roosevelt Field, chose The Maurer Foundation as the recipient of their Power of Pink campaign and donated $10 for each item purchased.
Here are some of the other great events held in our honor this October:
- Blast Spa and Fitness in Great Neck offered mini massages, yoga and exercise classes and donated the money raised.
- Rose and Boom Boutique in Miller Place held a “Shop for A Cause” day featuring a lemonade and cookie sale, raffle, discounts on pink clothing and donated a percentage of sales for the day.
- The Shoppes at East Wind in Wading River joined forces and over 15 individual stores selected a day and donated a portion of their sales.
- Peak Performance PT, with several locations on Long Island, held a Wear Pink Wednesday where staff made individual donations
- Waxing the City in Garden City hosted Pamper and Shop where customers made a donation and received spa services and the opportunity to shop with local vendors at discounted prices.
- Pro-Fit Deer Park joined forces with their neighbor SkyZone Trampoline Park creating Pro-Fit Goes Pink and SkyZone’s Glow Pink dance parties respectively with proceeds benefitting The Maurer Foundation.
- Staff at ClearVision Optical in Hauppauge, played Bra Pong and made donations to our cause.
- Sperry Federal Credit Union staff sold cookies at the branch to raise money for The Maurer Foundation. In addition, employees that made a donation were permitted to wear pink t-shirts and jeans to work.
Of course October would not be complete without the many organizations that take the time to sell our trademark pink and white cookies including: Biodex Medical Systems, Annastasia Salon, Synergy Fitness Club in Baldwin, Eastern Suffolk BOCES, and Anthony DeFranco Salon and Spa.
We cannot thank all of these businesses enough for taking the time to organize these fantastic events on our behalf. Not only have you helped us to raise almost $20,000 but you also helped us to reach hundreds of individuals and spread awareness all over Long Island!