Packing your children’s lunches is a great way to make sure they get the nutrition they need to help reduce their risk of cancer. Here’s some healthy and easy-to-pack ideas:
- Veggies and hummus
- Fresh or dried fruit
- Yogurt and granola
- Veggie-based sandwiches or wraps
- Green salad
- Tuna salad and whole grain crackers
- Nuts or trail mix
And here are some healthy lunch-friendly items off of our Switch List.
- Switch regular pasta for whole wheat pasta
- Instead of soda try 100% fruit juice
- Switch out cookies for a protein bar
- Instead of pudding try yogurt
- For a healthy snack try nuts or popcorn instead of chips
What are your child’s favorite healthy lunch items? We’d love to hear your ideas!