The COVID-19 coronavirus has taken our communities, families, and peace of mind by storm in the last few weeks. The mission of The Maurer Foundation is to save lives, so we are taking this development seriously and will be doing our part to limit the spread of the virus and keep our friends, family, and community members healthy. Due to recent school closures and CDC recommendations we will be implementing the following changes in our operations:
- This week and next week, March 16-29th, our office will be closed and all staff will be working remotely. This will be reassessed as we go along.
- Our May 12th Golf Classic has been rescheduled to Tuesday, August 18th. We will communicate promptly with all registered attendees and sponsors as we know more. To stay updated on our golf event, please visit our Golf Classic event page.
- School and corporate breast health programs are cancelled until further notice.
- To prepare for possible longer-term school closures, we are currently working on an online version of our school program. For those educators interested in hearing about the status of this program or school-related updates, please contact us.
- We ask that all supporters who have scheduled fundraisers in our name for the next month, please support social-distancing guidelines and postpone or convert your fundraiser to a virtual event.
Although our physical offices will be closed, we will still be available to anyone who needs to contact us via phone and email. We will continue to monitor the federal and state guidelines about gathering sizes and will work closely with our local schools to maintain a safe and healthy environment for learning when schools do re-open. To stay updated on our programs and events, please check our blog, our Facebook and Twitter accounts, or subscribe to our email list.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please stay safe and healthy and remember your health is in your hands!