In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we are proud to recognize our partners who raised funds on our behalf by holding innovative community fundraisers.
- Putting their Halloween magic to work, a group of fifth-graders from East Meadow dressed up as OPI nail polish and collected donations for our breast health programs and 3 other health-related organizations.
- And A Day Designs donated a portion of sales from their beautiful breast cancer themed glasses and sanitizer keychains.
- Two small businesses, Bedazzled By Sky and To Tie-Dye for Clothing, teamed up and created pink tie-dye face masks and beaded face mask lanyards specially designed for breast cancer awareness month and donated a portion of the proceeds.
- Crafted for Conservation made a donation for each hair scrunchie sold in October.
- Dan’s Dog Walking and Pet Sitting held their Seventh Annual Paws for a Cause fundraiser continuing their unwavering support for the Foundation.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Huntington Honda and Certified Pre-Owned Honda made a donation for every test drive in October.
- Donations to support our breast health education programs were made by clients at The Max Challenge Fitness Center of Commack. A portion of the sale of breast cancer awareness shirts was also donated.
- Salon Solis made a $10 donation to the Foundation for every client who purchased a hair extension during the month of October.
- Sonia’s Florist donated the proceeds from their October gift basket raffle and bouquet making classes to the Foundation.
- Sigma Delta Tau sorority sold face masks that were made for a Greek Life breast cancer walk at Farmingdale State College. Their fundraising efforts were enhanced by Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity who donated proceeds from a “pie in the face” event.
- Windham Fabrics, a division of Baum Textiles, created pink ribbon themed fabrics in honor of breast cancer awareness and made a donation to the Foundation based on sales from this collection.
We can’t thank everyone enough for their commitment to our cause, particularly during these challenging times. We look forward to continued and new partnerships in 2021. For additional ideas and information on how to host your own fundraiser download our Third Party Event Toolkit!